Loading...Loading...

moonrockreptiles Rules of Conduct

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Re: Doh, it's true!

Posted By: J242 (76.22.80.189)
Date: Wednesday, 5 September 2007, at 11:33 p.m.

In Response To: Doh, it's true! (Zach)

: What a dick maneuver. 99 cents?!

Compared to $1.99 to $3.99 a month from other providers that pull the data when you stop paying for it? Not a bad deal IMO. Also, there are ways to rip your purchased tracks and convert them for usage. Apple just isn't advertising them because, SURPRISE!!! They want to make some more money. Isn't that what a profit-based company is supposed to do in the first place?

Personally, I'm not going to bitch beacuse I can CHOOSE to bypass the easy payment option and rip the audio tracks I want then set them as the ringtones I want under specific circumstances. It's not rocket science or anything, it's just a company trying to cash in on a trend in a legitamite fashion. Think about iTunes, 5 years ago you might have had similar reservations about buying music online from Apple in the first place. Now it's just the standard because they set the standard before others could meet or exceed it. I don't see the ringtones as being any different. More providers than not are charging monthly fees for the use of ringtones, that's just not apple's style (thus the lack of a "monthly subscription" on iTunes. I personally agree with their choice on the matter and think that in time, their decision will prove to be as correct as thier iTunes gamble did.

Password:

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later,
please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):

Password:

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

moonrockreptiles Forum is maintained by moonrockreptiles Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.

Web Design for the 21st Century

Site Designed/Edited/Published by Jason Buck and Stephan Jones- Apple, Mac, Macintosh, and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple, any other trademarks used are property of their respective owners - © 2001 Jason Buck and Stephan Jones. All rights reserved. Neither all or part may be reproduced or distributed without prior consent, including this copyright notice. Contact Us.