Loading...Loading...

moonrockreptiles Rules of Conduct

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Re: I know you're smoking something . . .

Posted By: J242 (76.22.80.189)
Date: Monday, 10 September 2007, at 9:14 p.m.

In Response To: Re: I know you're smoking something . . . (Lord Crosis)

: So you're using Microsoft as an example? Not exactly a case-in-point.

No, not at all but an excellent example of an even larger company pulling the same (if not worse) BS and the public accepting it with little to no resistance. When it comes to developing software and system "solutions" MS is at the top of the mountain overall in dominance. This does not make them better in any way, it simply sets a sad standard which the rest of the industry use as well. It has nothing to do with right or wrong, it has to do with legality and MS proved the behavior is acceptable on many levels so the rest of the industry learned from that and is following similar (if not nearly identical) courses. Thankfully Apple hasn't gone that far yet but it's not beyond the realm of possibility that they might at the expense of us, the current user base and supporters.

: Which is completely different than you "cussing out" someone who
: "cusses out" a public figure.

When did I cuss him out in this thread? I have used slurs and I have used them additionally as examples but I have not been saying F you or go suck a D or whatnot in this thread to him as I'm trying to maintain a more respectful level of posting behavior. Plain and simple. However, you are still dodging the purpose behind the point. When does simple discussion turn into berating nonsense at the expense of the point itself? This bozo going off about "F Steve!" and suggesting I'm a drug addled homo have nothing to do with the point and frankly I'm more than insulted at the fact you are arguing this specific point with me. Do you honestly believe that the actions you have berated me oh so often for in the past are perfectly acceptable when it comes to someone else if they happen to see things closer to your point of view than the person who disagrees with them? That would be utter hypocrisy and I'm not claiming that's the case, I'm asking for clarification before I form an opinion on the matter.

: I'm not sure who 24 people who hang here are... Out of those who converse
: that would seem to be Me, you, Zach, Trigger and Intellect Inside...
: Doesn't quite add up to 24. Further, we get a lot of traffic from search
: engines... If you look, the further you go back, the more each message has
: been read... Once a post is a few months old it has usually been read at
: least a couple hundred times.

You do realize that I can simply reload a current page and EVERY hit counts as a new viewing right? I tell you what, I'll give you and example of this post itself... Just check the view count.

: Well, with no mention of the product, it would be hard to tie any claim to a
: product, wouldn't it...?

Well, you might think so but that's the new trend, it's called viral marketing and it works. One example, a recent development on "Myspace" was a 20 something year old girl who played covers of well known songs on her guitar, filmed them and published them. Enough user response came through and she was "signed" to a recording label. Well, guess what, she had been signed two years previously and it was nothing more than the label trying to advertise her as to seem genuine. Viral marketing without people realizing it's marketing. Just one more trend that has developed recently. Check some of the red bull ads. They have video of people in rickshaw contraptions going off a ramp and into a lake. 25 seconds later a voice simply says "Red bull is proudly sponsoring the blah, blah, blah event in wherever this year". No corporate logo, no message, just amusing slapstick and then a message that a company happens to be funding it. No logo, no text, only a voice. Advertising without saying a thing about the product, just like the new iMac commercials except there, they show the product. No promises, no specs, no nothing other than an image and a logo.

: You're grasping at straws... and if that is Apple's best legal defense, they
: have already lost.

Hardly, they didn't define that the product could accomplish what you ASSUMED it could off of reading the specs. "With support for" is a very useful term that almost completely clears them in this case. As for them losing the case, we'll see. You may be absolutely right (and I hope you are), but I think you're going to be wrong unfortunately.

: Um, when it comes to how cases regarding that PR are won and lost in a court
: of law...

Exactly which is why I don't think it will win. Apple didn't specify that the display "produced" millions of colors, it stated the design specs as having "support for", not that it delivered such results. Again, unfortunately, I think Apple's legal team will win on this one.

Password:

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later,
please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):

Password:

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

moonrockreptiles Forum is maintained by moonrockreptiles Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.

Web Design for the 21st Century

Site Designed/Edited/Published by Jason Buck and Stephan Jones- Apple, Mac, Macintosh, and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple, any other trademarks used are property of their respective owners - © 2001 Jason Buck and Stephan Jones. All rights reserved. Neither all or part may be reproduced or distributed without prior consent, including this copyright notice. Contact Us.