Loading...Loading...

moonrockreptiles Rules of Conduct

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Re: That would be pretty shitty.

Posted By: J242 (76.22.80.189)
Date: Wednesday, 5 September 2007, at 11:18 p.m.

In Response To: That would be pretty shitty. (Zach)

: I can put anything in mp3 format on my Razr and use it as a ringtone. It does
: seem hard to believe that Apple would not have this feature built in just
: so they can milk people for a few more bucks, but I gotta say, that's what
: it's starting to look like. I will reserve final judgement for an official
: announcement, but either way I guess I don't really care since I am not
: going to pay $400 (and switch to AT&T/Cingular) for a phone anyways.

Ahh, but what you have to understand is that Motorola is losing money on the RAZR. This is partially why they were so quick to the market with the KRAZR, and the 5 or 6 RAZR sub-versions. They are losing money on them and trying to get it back in bulk sales anywhere they can. Hell, the RAZR is nothing but a cross-breed from previous generations in a smaller shell. Also, in order to get your custom ringtones on your RAZR, do you not have to jump through a few hurdles such as chopping down the song, exporting it as MP3, then synching it over to your phone via Bluetooth to your specific ringtone folder? All in all, let's say it take 5 minutes... To me, I'd rather pay $1 than have to do it all myself unless there was a very specific part of the song I wanted as a ringtone and even then, I don't know that the new updates won't allow that but I imagine they won't which I would find rather crappy. That would be MY complaint about the system but seeing as I HAVEN'T USED IT YET, I really don't think I have any room to bitch about it at this point!!! (BTW, Not directed at you Zach)

Password:

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later,
please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):

Password:

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

moonrockreptiles Forum is maintained by moonrockreptiles Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.

Web Design for the 21st Century

Site Designed/Edited/Published by Jason Buck and Stephan Jones- Apple, Mac, Macintosh, and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple, any other trademarks used are property of their respective owners - © 2001 Jason Buck and Stephan Jones. All rights reserved. Neither all or part may be reproduced or distributed without prior consent, including this copyright notice. Contact Us.