Loading...Loading...

moonrockreptiles Rules of Conduct

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Re: Give us a break . . .

Posted By: J242 (76.22.80.189)
Date: Monday, 10 September 2007, at 9:27 p.m.

In Response To: Give us a break . . . (Intellect Inside)

: Yes, it says it supports millions of colors, which is an outright lie. Think
: before you speak: we're talking about an LC D here. The "D"
: stands for display . If it can not display millions of colors, then it
: does not support millions of colors.

Well, considering Crosis chose to use the dictionary to describe a term, so shall I:

sup·port (s?-pôrt', -p?rt') Pronunciation Key
tr.v. sup·port·ed, sup·port·ing, sup·ports
To bear the weight of, especially from below.
To hold in position so as to keep from falling, sinking, or slipping.
To be capable of bearing; withstand: "His flaw'd heart . . . too weak the conflict to support" (Shakespeare).
To keep from weakening or failing; strengthen: The letter supported him in his grief.
To provide for or maintain, by supplying with money or necessities.
To furnish corroborating evidence for: New facts supported her story.
To aid the cause, policy, or interests of: supported her in her election campaign.
To argue in favor of; advocate: supported lower taxes.
To endure; tolerate: "At supper there was such a conflux of company that I could scarcely support the tumult" (Samuel Johnson).
To act in a secondary or subordinate role to (a leading performer).

No where in this definition does that term mean that it can be assumed to be dominant. Everything about the term support suggests a back-up system, not a primary one. You "support" your boss in his efforts as part of the team while the boss "displays" leadership. Probably a poor example but this is legalese and it doesn't matter how much you or I disagree with it, it's what they will claim and it's the route they are going. If you have a problem with it, don't spend your money on one of the units until they fix the problem. Complaining about it here isn't doing anyone any good.

: They are lying to convince people it's a good buy.

How are they lying? Does not dithering display what is perceived to be "millions of colors" top the human eye which is what they are basing their term on?

: This is false advertising.

How so? if you plug in an external CRT monitor, will it not display the proper "Millions of colors" mentioned? Oh, yeah, it certainly would now wouldn't it? Which also falls in line with their claim of having "support" for millions of colors.

: You state that people should do their research before buying, but then
: want to give Apple an out when they LIE in their tech specs , upon which
: people will be relying when they do their research.

No, I'm just not a sucker who buys based on an ad. I buy after researching the product and seeing if it fits my needs. If you are unwilling to do so, then the fault is entirely your own. Yet again, I think what they did sucks too and I wish they would fix the problem, but I'm not so naive to believe that complaining on a little-read forum will do anything about it. In other words, if you have a grievance that you feel is "oh so important", take it through the PROPER channels as I sure as hell am sick of hearing you complaining about it here because you fell for an ad you didn't understand. Maybe other people feel the same way around here, I don't know. The reason why is thankfully, no one else has made such a spectacle of this issue and thrown the little tantrums like you are now.

: You keep making excuses for Apple as if Steve is your boyfriend...

Again you try to go back to petty jokes on sexuality. Very mature JT I'm sure you are probably mouthing the words as you read this to your other hillbilly tree-trimming friends right now. Wow! Stupid insults are fun aren't they? Get a grip already man...

Password:

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later,
please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):

Password:

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

moonrockreptiles Forum is maintained by moonrockreptiles Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.

Web Design for the 21st Century

Site Designed/Edited/Published by Jason Buck and Stephan Jones- Apple, Mac, Macintosh, and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple, any other trademarks used are property of their respective owners - © 2001 Jason Buck and Stephan Jones. All rights reserved. Neither all or part may be reproduced or distributed without prior consent, including this copyright notice. Contact Us.