Loading...Loading...

moonrockreptiles Rules of Conduct

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

You keep making up pathetic excuses . . .

Posted By: Intellect Inside (12.219.27.246)
Date: Tuesday, 11 September 2007, at 6:30 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Give us a break . . . (J242)

: Well, considering Crosis chose to use the dictionary

Nice hypocrisy. You poo-poo away Crosis' use of dictionary definitions, then use the same tactic yourself.

You know, I was actually thinking as I wrote that post that I should use an analogy to show you what is meant when we say something "supports" something else, but I decided not to be condescending. Man, was that a bad call. You obviously need to have it explained to you painstakingly, as you have a child's mind. So, here it goes...

If a bridge is claimed to support 30 tons, and I drive a 15 ton truck across it, and it collapses....then it does NOT support 30 tons. If a display is claimed to support 24-bit color, and the computer sends 24-bit color data to it, and it only displays 18-bit color, then it does not support 24-bit color. See how that works? The display is incapable of supporting the millions of colors being sent to it: it can't display them all.

: How are they lying? Does not dithering display what is perceived to be
: "millions of colors" top the human eye which is what they are
: basing their term on?

Dithering thousands of colors does not produce millions. NeXT never claimed that the NeXTStation TurboColor supported millions of colors: they honestly advertised it as a 12-bit color system that uses dithering. Apple are lying when they say the displays of the MacBooks and iMac 20" support millions of colors.

: How so? if you plug in an external CRT monitor, will it not display the
: proper "Millions of colors" mentioned? Oh, yeah, it certainly
: would now wouldn't it? Which also falls in line with their claim of having
: "support" for millions of colors.

No, it does not fall in line with that claim. The claim is made under the specs for the DISPLAY, not the specs for the GRAPHICS SUBSYSTEM. Now just who's uninformed here? Apple are claiming the DISPLAYS on the iMac and MacBook support millions of colors. They do no such thing.

: No, I'm just not a sucker who buys based on an ad. I buy after researching
: the product and seeing if it fits my needs.

Yeah, I should have gone to the store, taken an iMac apart (they would have loved that) to get at the serial number of the LCD panel, and spent who knows how much time on the phone with the manufacturer trying to get someone who knows wether it's 18-bit or 24-bit. Sure...I should have to go through all that to make sure Apple aren't a bunch of liars. I shouldn't be able to trust the tech specs on Apple's site.

They will lose in court, you can count on that. They are crooks.

: Again you try to go back to petty jokes on sexuality.

Right: I really should stop picking on you. It's not your fault you have a perverse attraction to Steve Jobs. I'm sorry.

Password:

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later,
please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):

Password:

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

moonrockreptiles Forum is maintained by moonrockreptiles Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.

Web Design for the 21st Century

Site Designed/Edited/Published by Jason Buck and Stephan Jones- Apple, Mac, Macintosh, and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple, any other trademarks used are property of their respective owners - © 2001 Jason Buck and Stephan Jones. All rights reserved. Neither all or part may be reproduced or distributed without prior consent, including this copyright notice. Contact Us.