Loading...Loading...

moonrockreptiles Rules of Conduct

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Re: Doh, it's true!

Posted By: J242 (76.22.80.189)
Date: Thursday, 6 September 2007, at 9:30 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Doh, it's true! (Zach)

: Yeah, but without either paying or using 3rd party software, you *can't* set
: songs as ringtones on the iPhone.

Well, you can by hacking it and replacing default ringtones with files of the same audio format by naming them the same and then simply overwriting them but that is totally in no way supported by Apple and is technically "hacking" the system. I haven't done it myself but a co-worker showed me how he set the Mac start-up chime to be played when he "unlocks" (Swipes the thumb to unlock) his iPhone.

: Clearly, Apple is a profit machine and there are cell-phone providers who
: charge more for less, but things like this just irritate me, especially
: when it comes from Apple. Hell, I get bent about getting charged for text
: messages - they use like a microsecond of air time!

Well, text messages technically don't use airtime on the majority of plans, they use data which is charged on seperate systems at seperate rates. They used to before GSM/GPRS became more common and the data signals started being pushed by the majority if carriers. I'm sure if you're out in the middle of nowhere they might still be using the old analog systems that simply broke down the information and transmitted it over the same waves as voice.

Password:

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later,
please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):

Password:

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

moonrockreptiles Forum is maintained by moonrockreptiles Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.

Web Design for the 21st Century

Site Designed/Edited/Published by Jason Buck and Stephan Jones- Apple, Mac, Macintosh, and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple, any other trademarks used are property of their respective owners - © 2001 Jason Buck and Stephan Jones. All rights reserved. Neither all or part may be reproduced or distributed without prior consent, including this copyright notice. Contact Us.