Loading...Loading...

moonrockreptiles Rules of Conduct

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Re: Quit barfing diarrhea, you Apple Apologist . . .

Posted By: J242 (76.22.80.189)
Date: Wednesday, 5 September 2007, at 11:56 p.m.

In Response To: Quit barfing diarrhea, you Apple Apologist . . . (Intellect Inside)

: You are so eager to run to Apple's defense that you didn't even pay attention
: to what I was saying. I wasn't talking about the glossy screen: that was
: in a different post.

Ahh, but you admit it. I'll take that as a first step for you...

I was talking about the 20" iMac (and for that
: matter, the MacBook and MacBook Ameteur...errr "Pro") using
: 18-bit (6-bit-per-channel) LCDs and dithering, all the while advertising
: "millions of colors" for these displays that only produce
: thousands.

Yeah, I did drop the ball on that. I lost track of my own argument and simply lent out many years of still unreleased aggression on you. Sorry. My bad. Either way, you're still a dick.

They are lying.

huh, where is your glaring expose on Dell or HP for doing the same thing? Sony perhpas? Ooh, maybe Toshiba? Oh, silly me, nothing is to be found other than you blaming a specific comapny for an industry wide decline in product representation. Gee, how could I EVER get offended by that? Jt, you have to understand that your almost constant bitching about Apple's moves can be a bit of a sore spot when you have admitted in the past that you own FAR antiquated hardware. Why do I bring this up? It's not because I'm some zealot fanboy or "Apple Apologist" as you like to claim, it's simply because I don't think that someone not willing to spen the money in the first place has any reason to bitch.

Now, I understand the issue with dithering and the potential concerns among designers, artists, editors, etc, you know, PROFESSIONALS, but you? I don't see where you really have any room to complain other than to gain attention. Yeah, Apple claiming millions of colors (although this required dithering and the lcd itself couldn't handle this itself) is kind of fucked up. There's no disagreement there! However, how has this impacted your life so as to justify your outrage? Did you buy one and were working on a high-profile image then your printer came back to you and told you that you had to re-do the image because of this dithering? I seriously fucking doubt it. So where's your real gripe? That a company chose to advertise an innacurate claim (that doesn't effect you in ANY way) or that it just gives you a reason to complain? Personally, after having to deal with you over the past few years, I'd have to say it's the latter of the two.

See, I've had to deal with people like you in retail sales before and I've always found that your specific type of person can simply never be satisfied. You are the kind of person that would bitch and demand refunds if your audio card (that was advertised as Dobly Digital 5.1 w/ 46 khz per channel) only got 38 because your reciever couldn't pump the power the setup could handle. I would highly recommend you focus your increasingly demanding expectations on the Windows market as THEy are the ones needing such a "keen eye". Not Apple's.

They are defrauding people by selling
: half-assed products that are advertised as being better-equipped than they
: really are.

Sigh... Guess what, that's called retail. Deal with it. It's a simple factor of American life. The sooner you get used to it, the better off you'll be.

: Pull your nose out of Steve Jobs's ass...

Wow, great insult there JT! Did you think that up all by yourself?

Password:

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later,
please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):

Password:

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

moonrockreptiles Forum is maintained by moonrockreptiles Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.

Web Design for the 21st Century

Site Designed/Edited/Published by Jason Buck and Stephan Jones- Apple, Mac, Macintosh, and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple, any other trademarks used are property of their respective owners - © 2001 Jason Buck and Stephan Jones. All rights reserved. Neither all or part may be reproduced or distributed without prior consent, including this copyright notice. Contact Us.