Loading...Loading...

moonrockreptiles Rules of Conduct

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Re: I must be going blind

Posted By: J242 (76.22.80.189)
Date: Sunday, 19 August 2007, at 10:30 p.m.

In Response To: I must be going blind (Zach)

: For shits and giggles, I changed my color depth to thousands and could barely
: notice a difference (on my MBP). The white background of web pages was the
: most noticeable thing oddly enough. If I looked vlosely I could see the
: dithering, but I didn't really notice it.

Don't worry about it Zach, JT is just looking to bitch about something (as usual). Seriously, the guy doesn't work in the general IT industry in the first place, let alone the very specific graphics industry where one might have a valid complaing about this on. In other words, he's pissing and moaning about something that doesn't affect his life and blowing what would be a valid complaint or gripe (to a proffesional that the differece would actually matter to $$$ wise) out of proportion. The displays are good and while they aren't perfect, that's to be expected. Upgrading hardware while reducing the costs means there will be cost cutting occuring and this might simply be an example of that.

: Also, I used SwitchResX and found my LCD panel to be the 9C60 model. I
: couldn't find a whole lot on it except that in some forums, people claimed
: "it is better". Better than what, I don't know.

Exactly. If you cannot tell the difference with the naked eye and have to use software to tell you what is being displayed, it obviously isn't a major drawback...

Password:

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later,
please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):

Password:

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

moonrockreptiles Forum is maintained by moonrockreptiles Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.

Web Design for the 21st Century

Site Designed/Edited/Published by Jason Buck and Stephan Jones- Apple, Mac, Macintosh, and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple, any other trademarks used are property of their respective owners - © 2001 Jason Buck and Stephan Jones. All rights reserved. Neither all or part may be reproduced or distributed without prior consent, including this copyright notice. Contact Us.