Loading...Loading...

moonrockreptiles Rules of Conduct

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Re: Completely understandable.

Posted By: Lord Crosis (66.230.103.101)
Date: Saturday, 12 August 2006, at 11:00 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Completely understandable. (Zach)

: If I had known they were going to make the MBPs (and maybe MBs) 64-bit in the
: next iteration, I would have waited. Back in January, Merom wasn't slated
: to come out so soon, was it?

Back in January they were slated to come out "in the second half of 2006", which by most companies standards means Christmas, but apparently Intel managed to make it the earlier part of the second half of 2006.

: Well, when my MBP is working, for me it seems like it has the power of a
: desktop. Video encoding is pretty farting fast. I can't imagine how fast
: the MacPros are.

It's a bummer that you've had so many issues with your MBP already. I know a MBP would be a colossal performance improvement for me (I'm on a 733 MHz G4), but for similar money a Mac Pro offers a significant performance increase over the MBP and is drastically more expandable.

: What do you do, anyway?

A little of everything. My main job I don't even need a computer for, and for school I could get anything and it would do, but I do a lot of freelance stuff. Most of it's projects for my own enjoyment, or favors for friends and family, but sometimes I actually figure out a way to get paid for it. I spend most of my time in Photoshop, and of course I realize the performance increase I will get with either machine will be slight until a UB of it ships. I also do a fair amount of video editing in FCP, encoding and authoring DVD's, encoding video for internet. I do a little bit of Flash work, and beyond that I want the performance necessary to play with stuff I haven't been able to play with on my G4 (Aperture, Motion, etc.) Every once in a while I decide that I'm going to learn 3D animation software like Maya, but I never seem to get very far. Oh, and I'm a musician so some work in GarageBand/SoundTrack/LogicExpress.

In between all that I have to make time for the occasional game as well. :)

-=(Lord Crosis)=-

Password:

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later,
please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):

Password:

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

moonrockreptiles Forum is maintained by moonrockreptiles Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.

Web Design for the 21st Century

Site Designed/Edited/Published by Jason Buck and Stephan Jones- Apple, Mac, Macintosh, and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple, any other trademarks used are property of their respective owners - © 2001 Jason Buck and Stephan Jones. All rights reserved. Neither all or part may be reproduced or distributed without prior consent, including this copyright notice. Contact Us.