Loading...Loading...

moonrockreptiles Rules of Conduct

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Next Msg ]

In light of today's SPAM bombing...

Posted By: Lord Crosis (66.230.103.101)
Date: Friday, 11 August 2006, at 5:41 p.m.

I don't know what these people think they are gaining by burying our little forum in spam, but I'm making my first attempt to do something about it. As of today anyone wishing to post a message will have to create a profile and include an e-mail address with their posts. I have blind e-mail addresses, so no one can see your address, if they want to e-mail you they will have to do it from a forum web form. Hopefully this will stop or at least slow down the bots that have been mass spamming our board.

I will look continue looking into other solutions. I hate having to do this as I would like any legitimate user to be able to post without going through a bunch of hassle, but creating a profile and including an e-mail address isn't the end of the world, and hopefully will have overall positive results.

On an unrelated note we got Mac Pros in at work today. Those things freakin' scream. Now I can't decide if I want a laptop or a desktop. I don't really NEED a laptop as I do most of my computing at home, but the versatility of a laptop I find desirable. OTOH those Mac Pros are just so freakin fast and expandable...

Leopard looks pretty cool too, I should have access to the dev release soon, I'll post anything I notice that Apple hasn't already told us about. For starters, read this: http://www.aeroxp.org/board/index.php?showtopic=5142&hl=

-=(Lord Crosis)=-

Password:

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later,
please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):

Password:

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Next Msg ]

moonrockreptiles Forum is maintained by moonrockreptiles Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.

Web Design for the 21st Century

Site Designed/Edited/Published by Jason Buck and Stephan Jones- Apple, Mac, Macintosh, and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple, any other trademarks used are property of their respective owners - © 2001 Jason Buck and Stephan Jones. All rights reserved. Neither all or part may be reproduced or distributed without prior consent, including this copyright notice. Contact Us.