Loading...Loading...

moonrockreptiles Rules of Conduct

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Re: Time's otherwise glowing coverage...

Posted By: J242 (71.231.203.254)
Date: Thursday, 11 January 2007, at 4:36 a.m.

In Response To: Time's otherwise glowing coverage... (Lord Crosis)

: Time magazine, the magazine Jobs usually opens up the inside story of Apple
: developments to, says: "Weaknesses? Absolutely. You can't download
: songs directly onto it from the iTunes store, you have to export them from
: a computer.

It isn't being fully released until this summer, are they not speaking a bit too pre-emptively? Jobs said it was running OSX and if it's running iTunes, maybe the purchasing client simply hasn't been implemented yet but will be by release? Eh, wishful thinking I'm sure but still possible.

: And even though it's got WiFi and Bluetooth on it, you can't
: sync iPhone with a computer wirelessly.

They are sure of this how? Again, I hope that some of these thoughts turn out to be wrong by it's release this summer but I suppose time will tell. I find it difficult at best to believe that Apple wouldn't allow some form of iSync connectivity via bluetooth for the people who don't have their iPod cables with them for whatever reason. Even if it's just contacts, memos, calendar info and whatnot that seems to be something that should obviously be there seeing as that's standard.

: And there should be games on it.
: And you're required to use it as a phone—you can't use it without signing
: up for cellular service. Boo."

Hmmm, lame. Well, I've heard that about other devices as well from the iPaq phone/PDA lines to the treos and stores will still sell them at the "non-activation" price after a while. I just wonder how long it'll take before Apple decides to unlock the SIM's and sell at a non-activated price point. I'm sure within a few weeks of it's launch it'll be hacked and someone will figure out the SIM registration code and a way to override it but still, it's a mater of getting your hands on the hardware first and what's the point unless you want Cingular in the first place. Then again, I wonder if they'd let someone add it to an existing plan? That might be een-terest-ink... ;)

Password:

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later,
please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):

Password:

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

moonrockreptiles Forum is maintained by moonrockreptiles Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.

Web Design for the 21st Century

Site Designed/Edited/Published by Jason Buck and Stephan Jones- Apple, Mac, Macintosh, and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple, any other trademarks used are property of their respective owners - © 2001 Jason Buck and Stephan Jones. All rights reserved. Neither all or part may be reproduced or distributed without prior consent, including this copyright notice. Contact Us.