Loading...Loading...

moonrockreptiles Rules of Conduct

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Pretty Underwhelmed

Posted By: Zach (72.214.247.148)
Date: Tuesday, 6 January 2009, at 12:58 p.m.

I don't know if they toned down the excitement of the keynote because Steve wasn't doing it or if Steve didn't do it because it wasn't very exciting.

Face recognition in iPhoto looks cool. New iMovie features look like it's catching back up to iMovie HD in terms of capabilities but with the ease of iMovie '08. That's about it for iLife '09. Note also that there is no iDVD '09 (just iDVD).

I have zero interest in iWork '09. I don't understand why Apple can't make it actually compatible with MS Office. That's the only way it's gonna work, IMO. Open office has done a pretty good job of it and that's cross platform (including Linux).

New anti-glare option on the 17" macbook seems like it might solve the glare problems, but I'd have to see it in person. Also It's kind of BS to charge extra for it. I think that additional charge will go away eventually.

DRM-free iTunes is good news. Can't believe they finally caved on the price point though.

Password:

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later,
please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):

Password:

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

moonrockreptiles Forum is maintained by moonrockreptiles Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.

Web Design for the 21st Century

Site Designed/Edited/Published by Jason Buck and Stephan Jones- Apple, Mac, Macintosh, and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple, any other trademarks used are property of their respective owners - © 2001 Jason Buck and Stephan Jones. All rights reserved. Neither all or part may be reproduced or distributed without prior consent, including this copyright notice. Contact Us.