Loading...Loading...

moonrockreptiles Rules of Conduct

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Building a mac from scratch

Posted By: Scott Braun (76.181.62.5)
Date: Sunday, 3 August 2008, at 2:38 p.m.

Would it be possible to build a computer using regular PC products that normally run windows based software and run mac OS on it. I figure I gather all the parts and put together a computer. it will act like a mac if i install mac software from the get go. OR... do I have to buy apple hardware in order to accomplish this. My thought process is that a computer doesn't know if it mac or pc until a piece of software/programming tells it to be. I read the build a mac from scratch posting already. But since PC parts are much cheaper and easier to come by I figure it'd be better in the short and long term to go that route. If you guys want to help out a lot, I would also like to try having 2 hard drives. one to run pc (my gf goes to school online and needs it) and one to run mac using a program like boot camp or something.

Password:

Messages In This Thread

• Building a mac from scratch
    Scott Braun (76.181.62.5) -- Sunday, 3 August 2008, at 2:38 p.m.

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later,
please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):

Password:

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

moonrockreptiles Forum is maintained by moonrockreptiles Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.

Site Designed/Edited/Published by Jason Buck and Stephan Jones- Apple, Mac, Macintosh, and Mac OS X are trademarks of Apple. Any other trademarks used are property of their respective owners. Website design and layout © 2010 Jason Buck and Stephan Jones. Content © its respective author(s), published with consent from said author(s). All rights reserved. Neither all or part may be reproduced or distributed without prior consent. Contact Us.