Loading...Loading...

moonrockreptiles Rules of Conduct

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Sony, a love/hate relationship

Posted By: J242 (131.107.0.106)
Date: Wednesday, 13 February 2008, at 9:54 a.m.

Man, what the fuck is wrong with those tools? So I picked up an HDR-HC7 a few months back and suped it up a bit with a killer wide-angle lens, ultra super-duper extra battery and enough HDV tapes to choke a donkey. I've been shooting a variety of shows and have a ton of content that I had been waiting to get cracking on and then? Huge brick wall. Apparently Sony has everything it records on the unit set to m2t format (along with their stupid .modd files for every clip which to add insult to injury are all "242 bytes" lol) which is incompatible with EVERY VIDEO EDITOR known to man... FCP 6? Nope... Avid? Notta... Premiere? Nopers... Hell, maybe Sony's own Vegas would run it? 0 for 4... What these empty little simps expect you to do is to capture everything on their bundled "Picture Motion Browser" app and burn to DVD from there. Nevermind the fact that you can't export the clips as mpg, avi or, well you can't export at all! So I find myself having to record all of the content on a PC, manually find the files and burn them to DVD as data, then I can import them into Streamclip and convert them to a usable format.

Sony, what a fucking joke. The worst part is that I really love the camera itself! It's like having a car you really like but in order to change the oil you have to fight through a pack of rabid badgers then a drunken kung-fu midget on speed just to get to the engine! Just pathetic... When oh when is Sony going to pull it's head out of it's ass and quit fucking up their otherwise good products?

Password:

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later,
please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):

Password:

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

moonrockreptiles Forum is maintained by moonrockreptiles Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.

Web Design for the 21st Century

Site Designed/Edited/Published by Jason Buck and Stephan Jones- Apple, Mac, Macintosh, and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple, any other trademarks used are property of their respective owners - © 2001 Jason Buck and Stephan Jones. All rights reserved. Neither all or part may be reproduced or distributed without prior consent, including this copyright notice. Contact Us.