Loading...Loading...

moonrockreptiles Rules of Conduct

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Sweeney Todd

Posted By: Zach (24.249.152.11)
Date: Tuesday, 8 January 2008, at 7:36 a.m.

Not being a fan of musicals, I hesitated to go see this movie. I also think Tim Burton is kind of hit or miss (not a fan of Mars Attacks for example). But this movie is awesome! I saw it twice. And bought the soundtrack.

The singing at first is weird. But after like the 2nd song, you get used to it. Everyone's accent is pretty thick and therefore hard to understand, but you get the gist of it.

I don't want to say too much about it, the gore is a bit stylized but it doesn't take the edge off too much (it's not totally ridiculous blood spraying like Kill Bill (nothing against that movie though)). The story is good and the acting is great. Actually, Sacha Barron Cohen has a small but significant part and he's really entertaining.

Anyway, if you like gore and are even a little bit of a fan of Depp and/or Burton movies, don't let the musical aspect put you off.

Password:

Messages In This Thread

• Sweeney Todd
    Zach (24.249.152.11) -- Tuesday, 8 January 2008, at 7:36 a.m.
    • Re: Sweeney Todd
      Lord Crosis (209.112.217.101) -- Tuesday, 8 January 2008, at 3:02 p.m.
        Zach (24.249.152.11) -- Tuesday, 8 January 2008, at 3:26 p.m.
        • Agreed
          Trigger23 (209.112.136.144) -- Tuesday, 15 January 2008, at 1:18 p.m.
          • Double-agreed
            J242 (131.107.0.75) -- Tuesday, 15 January 2008, at 1:35 p.m.
      Lord Crosis (66.230.109.32) -- Monday, 28 January 2008, at 2:12 p.m.

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later,
please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):

Password:

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

moonrockreptiles Forum is maintained by moonrockreptiles Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.

Web Design for the 21st Century

Site Designed/Edited/Published by Jason Buck and Stephan Jones- Apple, Mac, Macintosh, and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple, any other trademarks used are property of their respective owners - © 2001 Jason Buck and Stephan Jones. All rights reserved. Neither all or part may be reproduced or distributed without prior consent, including this copyright notice. Contact Us.