Loading...Loading...

moonrockreptiles Rules of Conduct

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Blue-Ray vs HD-DVD... Thoughts?

Posted By: J242 (24.17.9.117)
Date: Tuesday, 4 December 2007, at 9:05 p.m.

I did some personal field testing between stand alone HD DVD players, the XBox 360 HD-DVD add on, a Sony standalone unit and the PS3 before my purchase. From what I found, the overwhelming majority of films I am interested in are either tri-format (DVD, BR, HDDVD) to begin with or they are BR exclusives on the HD market. Also, I found the upsampling of standard def DVD on the PS3 is as good if not (n multiple cases) better than that of their HD-DVD counterparts. The XBox add-on? Utter crap. My new TV gives me info about the single it is receiving from each device, channel, etc and the add-on was only giving the TV 1080i on 1080p films and only upsampling standard DVD's to 720i whereas the PS3 has been doing it at 1080i or 720p.

I know Apple, Disney, Sony and Fox (20th Century Entertainment) are all backing BR, whereas only Universal and MS are backing HD.

Personally I love the PS3 I picked up and it has surpassed my expectations in terms of quality of current as well as releases on the standard DVD format. Watching NIN's "Beside you in time" live DVD looked like some of the HD-DVD content I've seen and I have been utterly impressed.

So, with MS tossing their hat in the ring for the 360 for HD and Sony having BR standard in every PS3 and more companies backing the format exclusively, does HD have a chance? Do you think it will catch up and start winning upgraders to put it over Sony's lead worldwide?

Thoughts towards the format war anyone?

Password:

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later,
please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):

Password:

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

moonrockreptiles Forum is maintained by moonrockreptiles Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.

Web Design for the 21st Century

Site Designed/Edited/Published by Jason Buck and Stephan Jones- Apple, Mac, Macintosh, and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple, any other trademarks used are property of their respective owners - © 2001 Jason Buck and Stephan Jones. All rights reserved. Neither all or part may be reproduced or distributed without prior consent, including this copyright notice. Contact Us.