Loading...Loading...

moonrockreptiles Rules of Conduct

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Something to post about?

Posted By: Zach (24.249.152.11)
Date: Thursday, 8 March 2007, at 6:18 a.m.

Man we need some action here.

Ummmm, what I've been up to lately:

I FINALLY started trying to do shit with Automator. Initially, I was kind of disappointed to see that there isn't much for making disk utility calls. I am trying to automate backups to the server at work and to my airdisk at home. However, I did spend some time figuring out how to use hdiutil in the terminal, then used automator to compress/encrypt my data via a shell command and then copy it to the appropriate spot on the server. It took me a few hours to get it right, but it gave me a geeky sense of accomplishment when it was done.

Also back-up related: Bombich released a beta of Carbon Copy Cloner 3.0. This is about 1.5 yrs overdue. So far it seems pretty sweet. I've used CCC 2.3 for years to make monthly clones of all my machines.

Password:

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later,
please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):

Password:

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

moonrockreptiles Forum is maintained by moonrockreptiles Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.

Web Design for the 21st Century

Site Designed/Edited/Published by Jason Buck and Stephan Jones- Apple, Mac, Macintosh, and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple, any other trademarks used are property of their respective owners - © 2001 Jason Buck and Stephan Jones. All rights reserved. Neither all or part may be reproduced or distributed without prior consent, including this copyright notice. Contact Us.