Loading...Loading...

moonrockreptiles Rules of Conduct

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Serious User data-loss question...

Posted By: J242 (71.231.203.254)
Date: Tuesday, 13 February 2007, at 9:17 p.m.

Okay, so apparently just recently my mini took a complete dump on me. I couldn't log in or anything, I had to boot it off the CD and reinstall the core X.4 OS on it that shipped with it more than a year ago. Now I have a few folders under the root of my drive labeled "DamagedFiles" and "Previous Systems". Pretty slick as I was able to completely restore ALL of my hard data (not my settings, bookmarks, etc of course though mind you...) however I am worried partially from my MS affiliations that there might be some kind of linked file in those folders that could impact my overall performance or performance specific to one app or another.

D I have anythign to worry about in deleting said folders? I've already cherry picked the data I wanted from the "Previous Systems" folder and am back up and running but is there any risk involved in deleting the other unused account (which was the primary admin for the sytem mind you. Never had to log in, now I do for each boot) or "damaged" files folders?

My apologies up front if this question in any way answers itself or is fairly common but I'd prefer to check the overall group's opinion before searching for topics on such an issue.

Password:

Messages In This Thread

• Serious User data-loss question...
    J242 (71.231.203.254) -- Tuesday, 13 February 2007, at 9:17 p.m.

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later,
please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):

Password:

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

moonrockreptiles Forum is maintained by moonrockreptiles Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.

Web Design for the 21st Century

Site Designed/Edited/Published by Jason Buck and Stephan Jones- Apple, Mac, Macintosh, and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple, any other trademarks used are property of their respective owners - © 2001 Jason Buck and Stephan Jones. All rights reserved. Neither all or part may be reproduced or distributed without prior consent, including this copyright notice. Contact Us.