Loading...Loading...

moonrockreptiles Rules of Conduct

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Re: No way . . .

Posted By: Lord Crosis (209.112.212.67)
Date: Wednesday, 10 January 2007, at 8:17 p.m.

In Response To: No way . . . (Intellect Inside)

: I'm sure it wouldn't be. I gave up on Zelda back with Ocarina of Time, as it
: was nearly impossible to fire the bow and arrow while riding a horse or
: being bounced around on a giant drumskin. Aiming a projectile weapon with
: a joystick is hard enough when neither the target nor your body is moving,
: becomes absurdly frustrating when either one is moving, and utterly shitty
: when both are in motion. The Wii, once I have it, will make Zelda in 3D
: worth my time...finally.

Yeah, I guess when I said that I wasn't even thinking about the aiming parts of the game, and I think that's because it really is so intuitive that I forget that I even do it when I play. When I think back to my last Zelda session the only Wii specific thing that stands out in my memory is shaking the nunchuck and flicking the Wiimote to swing my sword. I'd really be just as happy with buttons for those manuevers. That being said I played OOT start to finish and never became overly frustrated with the aiming system.

My original point though is that this is a GameCube game that was adapted at the last minute to take advantage of the Wiimote... And it feels like it. They could have just as easily retooled OOT for the Wiimote and suddenly it would be a Wii game. Hell for that matter I hope they do, and release it for the Virtual Console.

Rayman Raving Rabbids feels like a game that was (reasonably well) designed from the ground up to be a Wii game. It couldn't really exist in its current state on any other platform. It is an excellent demonstration of many of the ways that the Wii will be helping us have fun in the future. Whereas Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz attempted this, and in some areas succeeded, but its use of the Wiimote often feels gimicky, and often poorly implemented. So far (I'm about 20% through it) Rayman has yet to give me that impression for a moment. And it's funny, wacky and weird (all of which is great when done right).

-=(Lord Crosis)=-

Password:

Messages In This Thread

• Wii Update
    Lord Crosis (209.112.212.67) -- Wednesday, 10 January 2007, at 4:13 a.m.
    • Re: Wii Update
      J242 (71.231.203.254) -- Wednesday, 10 January 2007, at 9:04 a.m.
    • No way . . .
      Intellect Inside (12.219.21.222) -- Wednesday, 10 January 2007, at 7:09 p.m.
      • Re: No way . . .
        Lord Crosis (209.112.212.67) -- Wednesday, 10 January 2007, at 8:17 p.m.

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later,
please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):

Password:

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

moonrockreptiles Forum is maintained by moonrockreptiles Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.

Web Design for the 21st Century

Site Designed/Edited/Published by Jason Buck and Stephan Jones- Apple, Mac, Macintosh, and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple, any other trademarks used are property of their respective owners - © 2001 Jason Buck and Stephan Jones. All rights reserved. Neither all or part may be reproduced or distributed without prior consent, including this copyright notice. Contact Us.