Loading...Loading...

moonrockreptiles Rules of Conduct

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Re: I guess what I mean to say is . . .

Posted By: J242 (71.231.203.254)
Date: Saturday, 30 December 2006, at 1:05 p.m.

In Response To: Re: I guess what I mean to say is . . . (Zach)

: Exactly. I didn't already mention that? Funny, that is the crux of my
: argument, I guess I just forgot to mention that part.

Well, both formats cost the same right now and if Sony is able to get the price dropped on BR technology via their PS3 and wider industry support from the MPAA and the various film distribution companies, it helps them bring their cost down lower, faster which in turn gets it into Joe & Jane Q Public's hands much cheaper. :) I think BR will win because it just makes sense at the moment but I'm not putting any money on it. Add to that DELL, Gateway and Sony all coming out with new "Vista-ready" and pre-installed models featuring BR drives and you've got a pretty damned good combo going. Apple is going BR as well so that will also help get the price lowered faster. :) If the DELL that a college student gets for XMas already has it installed, which media are they going to buy?

If HD wants to win this war, they have a pretty heavy uphill battle ahead of them as BR has come out of the gates swinging already and isn't showing any signs of slowing down anytime soon!

Password:

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later,
please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):

Password:

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

moonrockreptiles Forum is maintained by moonrockreptiles Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.

Web Design for the 21st Century

Site Designed/Edited/Published by Jason Buck and Stephan Jones- Apple, Mac, Macintosh, and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple, any other trademarks used are property of their respective owners - © 2001 Jason Buck and Stephan Jones. All rights reserved. Neither all or part may be reproduced or distributed without prior consent, including this copyright notice. Contact Us.