Loading...Loading...

moonrockreptiles Rules of Conduct

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Mac Mini as PVR...

Posted By: J242 (71.231.203.254)
Date: Saturday, 23 December 2006, at 6:14 p.m.

Okay, I'm finally in the market for a solution to my PVR/DVR needs and I want to see what all of you think.

I have recently aquired a 1st gen 1.25 ghz G4 Mac Mini. The hard Drive is utterly crapped out and is in need of replacement however the ATA board and everything else is fine. USB 1.1 (no 2.0 damnit) and no built-in Wifi or Bluetooth.

Now, I can replace the HD with whatever size I want and then figure out whatever adaptors I might choose like the Plextor ConvertX and EyeTV, etc...

-OR-

I can wait to see the full specs for the "iTV" and just replace teh HD on the mini and use it as a secondary computer. Witht he current retail price of the "iTV" being estimated at $299 (or was it $399?) I think it might provide a better option and overall user experience.

I'm going to wait until I hear the full specs of the "iTV" before I really do anything but any thoughts overall? Do you think the "iTV" will be great, mediocre, crap? Should I push for a mini regardless as it might give more options?

Password:

Messages In This Thread

• Mac Mini as PVR...
    J242 (71.231.203.254) -- Saturday, 23 December 2006, at 6:14 p.m.

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later,
please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):

Password:

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

moonrockreptiles Forum is maintained by moonrockreptiles Administrators with WebBBS 5.12.

Web Design for the 21st Century

Site Designed/Edited/Published by Jason Buck and Stephan Jones- Apple, Mac, Macintosh, and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple, any other trademarks used are property of their respective owners - © 2001 Jason Buck and Stephan Jones. All rights reserved. Neither all or part may be reproduced or distributed without prior consent, including this copyright notice. Contact Us.